2022 Lumberjack Festival

CLEARFIELD – The 2022 Lumberjack Festival presented by Metzler Forest Products returns to the Clearfield County Fairgrounds on May 19-21.

This year’s event will feature live chainsaw carving and auction, a Stihl Timbersports Competition, logging, grading and horse pulling demonstrations, equipment and truck displays and more.

Over 30 chainsaw carvers will be on display and carving over the three-day period and a live auction of their works with auctioneer Stephanie Tarbay will be held at 3 p.m. on Saturday.

As seen on ESPN and a first-time attraction to the area, a Stihl Timbersports Lumberjack Competition will be held. The competition showcases some of the world’s best lumberjacks competing across six jaw-dropping disciplines.

Organizers are planning activities for the entire family. There will be log loading and lumber grading demos and presentations on the history of logging in Clearfield County.

The PA WoodMobile will be on display for tours, an axe throwing stage, Bear Hill Horse Logging will host demonstrations and there will be food and craft vendors.

A truck pull will close out the event on the grandstand track Saturday at 6:30 p.m. with six adrenaline-pumping pulling classes. The pulls are being sponsored by PA Loggers and Log Haulers, Mild to Wild Motorsports and Kuhnle Brothers Trucking.

The main event and attractions are free and open to the public. The truck pull has an admission price of $15 for adults and children 10 and under are free.

The festival is being held in conjunction with the annual Logs to Lumber event at the Curwensville High School on Friday, May 20.

The event is being organized by Bigfoot Country 102./101.3 and GANT News and is sponsored and supported by Metzler Forest Products, the National Hardwood Lumber Association, Forcey Lumber Co., the Lumber Heritage Region, Aaron Rowles Logging and Legacy Resource Partners, Jason Muth Trucking, Carns Powersports, Novey Recycling, W & W Equipment, Visit Clearfield County and Pop 93.1/95.9 and Passport Radio 98.5/101.7.

A full schedule to be released soon. Attendees are encouraged to visit the Web site https://lumberjackfest.net/ and fb event page Lumberjack Festival for more information.

Interested vendors should e-mail cdahlem@gantdaily.com.

11 Likes

Les Clark won the lumberjack competition two years in a row at the Kentucky wood exposes. He used a D-3 dozer, and beat skidders with it.
Reminds me of the tortoise and the hare.

10 Likes

Here is a video to the competition.
Given the growing popularity of Lumberjack sports at many colleges and communities, I wonder how many Pakira users have ever been to a competition or seen one. When I was in college I used to love going to competitions and considered joining a team. Should we start a Pakira team?

@Burford_Bolander Do you ever compete with your logging buddies on stuff like this?

7 Likes

How does a dozer beat a skidder?

Do many loggers use dozers?

9 Likes

i like axe throwing

6 Likes

I use a D-3 cat with an allied wench. It’s slow and steady. The skidders are faster with the small trees hooked to them.
On a dozer you select cut and keep from destroying the local ecosystem. Skidders take saplings and all .

10 Likes

I would to come for a ride-along to see this process in person some day!

10 Likes

I would love to show you around! You are welcome anytime.

8 Likes