Climate Resilient And Circular Building ,An actionable step towards combating global Anthropocene

Pakira Forum Intro

Hello there Pakira Community, My name
is Derick Bedzra and I’m honored to be part of this projectional network of advocates that are working to engineer nature to its truest form of perfection.

I’m the CEO of Monart City an urban technology startup company that’s phasing in the R + D field for Urban Architecture and Planning. Also the founder of the Urban NEXT initiative,my purpose for being a conscious contributor is to help develop a framework for building design and construction,with quality features that are able to withstand the impacts of climate change and unconscious human processes/systems in other to promote healthy circular designs.
Starting this Topic “Climate Resilient And Circular Building,An actionable step towards combating global anthropocene” is my way of showing up to this community that has the same and likely synergic interests about complex challenges we face as an industry and global community at large.

For the past three years our works aims to attract a community of participators in the Architecture,Engineering and Construction industry,to this goal we ignited a network for advocacy called “TWIN ,Timber Works Innovation Network” last year in 2022

This group of multileveler. and multi stakeholder actors 1) set a common frame- work (and narrative) around the goals of the platform , 2) define very specific action to “untangle the issues” the initiative is raising and 3) use this space to create useful connections and rooted relationships,which we @MonartCity refer to as an intermediate financed new sector economy.

I’m looking forward discussing with each and everyone one of you on advising if the work we passionate about truly aligns with the overall vision of the new economy and clarifying the next steps to take to extending valuable resources and network structures to advancing and implementing bio-based and circular building technologies in Sub Saharan Africa,to scale up the work towards combating global climate change through social-impact initiatives like “Urban NEXT”.

Attached here is a web link that gives more information about the work we are up to,looking forward to hearing from you all.

Web link :

Thank you for your attention.

DB

2023-02-05T00:00:00Z2023-02-05T00:00:00Z https://flying-dress-733.notion.site/Climate-Resilient-And-Circular-Building-An-actionable-step-towards-combating-global-anthropocene-e75295187d9f429a98782eb01781802e

7 Likes

Interesting project

9 Likes

Hi Derick, thank you for posting!
Do you know @Nic_Wilson @Jeff_Chan @Kirk_Hodgson @Paul_Dean ? All mass timber enthusiasts and very knowledgeable in the space.

9 Likes

Regarding the “Anthropocene” comment in your title (personally i had to look it up :rofl:), yes, humans are destroying our planet. However, it’s also us humans who are trying to fix this trend. We just need to spread the awareness and action into our camp of people. Currently no one random person on the street knows about Mass Timber. And that’s what needs to change!

9 Likes

Thank you Bill,looking forward to working with you and the entire Pakira team.

7 Likes

Hi Nadia,i don’t know the individuals mentioned in your comment but I will reach out to them to explore and create opportunities.

9 Likes

Hahaha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: yes we are the prob-solution to the destruction and healing of the earth, the awareness from my perspective is something that needs to happen inwardly for an outer transformation of our built environs.

Also research has shown and proven that the spaces we inhibit have this inward effect on the way we view ourselves and the world around us, that is why our vision for the new paradigm is to engineer alongside nature.

7 Likes