Come vote in the latest Pakira Poll!

What is the biggest challenge to the adoption of Mass Timber?

Vote on LinkedIn!

9 Likes

Which aspect of Mass Timber adoption do you believe provides the biggest challenge? Why?
@Nic_Maloski @David_Stallcop @Franco_Piva @Aitor_Arteta @ARNIE_DIDIER @Dusan_Milutinovic @Oleg_Semenov @Jerry_Truex @KayCee_Hallstrom @Neill_Gibson @Igor_Adriaensen @Andrey_Tikhomirov @David_Bagdy @Burford_Bolander @Ben_Jordan @Shay_Kurzinski @Juan_Bugarin @Jing_Kong @Damien_Mocke @Lauren_Kembi @David_Rau @Phyllis_Chong @Oleksiy_Alex_Chygryn @tim_hanson @Steve_Marshall @Pete_Kobelt @Ben_Jordan @Josh_Trayner @ARNIE_DIDIER

9 Likes

It is my personal opinion that in the structural engineering stage, knowing which connection hardware to use at each specific joint is something that is still lacking in the US. Which is why engineering firms in Europe such as Ergodomus in Italy are able to develop so much business in North America. They partner with US engineering firms and developers and their software runs all the calculations against a catalog of connection hardware companies and chooses the correct ones automatically for their clients. Here is their website link: ERGODOMUS

10 Likes

Ignorance about conservation is one huge problem.
People just don’t understand how responsible harvesting works? They always go to the default argument about the rainforest, and climate change…
A conservation officer from the state came to my school and explained responsible logging.
Classes should be open to facts from both sides of the Isle. Let people come to their own conclusions without forcing your opinions on them.
Is this something everyone else runs into, or is it unique to just a few of us?

10 Likes

Does this argument get brought up to people who sale wood in their store? I’m curious how far up the supply chain the environmental activism goes?

10 Likes