Consumer Confidence, Slipping Into Darkness

Matt Layman

23h

Friday, March 25, 2022
For the past few weeks we have been pointing towards other-than-lumber influences that will pick the scab off of Consumer Confidence and squelch housing activity; i.e, lumber demand. This week we saw North and South Korea tossing missiles around to flex their nuclear capabilities. We are in an era of positive thinking and speaking circumstances into reality. For that reason, folks are reluctant to introduce “nuclear speak” into conversations. The reality is, the current global condition makes Armageddon more possible than ever before. We cannot positive think our way out of this one and that is taking a toll on Consumer Confidence.
Nevertheless, I am always, Looking Forward…ml

6 Likes

@Matt_Layman
Europe is at DEFCON 2. The USA is at DEFCON 4. Moving forward, do you think the increased nuclear risks will have a significant effect on consumer confidence?

6 Likes

The transformers should be here soon. I can’t believe all the crazy things going on!!!

9 Likes

I see it already happening. Folks just don’t want to give it a voice…afraid they will speak it into existence.ML

8 Likes

What does that look like? Are folks putting off projects based on the risk of nuclear war?

5 Likes