Great Article On The Carbon Impact Of Mass Timber

I’ve had some really great conversations over the past few weeks with folks on mass timber and what it holds for the future of the industry. I’ve enjoyed learning much more about the topic.

It sent me down another rabbit hole.

Here is a great research paper laying out the carbon inpacts of engineered wood.

Spoiler : It’s great news!

We should be shouting this stuff from the tree tops!!

https://www.fs.usda.gov/treesearch/pubs/64259

11 Likes

Great find @Clayton_Miller !!

9 Likes

Super interesting and relevant info here!

9 Likes

Good find ,Clayton.
I am thinking some policy at the Federal level would really help set up some guardrails .
At present we are in the markets driving policy mode , which is OK as a starter , my view .

11 Likes

It will also help in the education of the end user (consumer) on the value of hardwoods across all channels. Without a doubt the carbon neutral elements of Mass Timber will be heralded as a main selling point of projects that use. Once this knowledge gets passed down the supply chain to the final consumer it will be transformative in my view.

11 Likes

@Clayton_Miller I completely agree and so do many others in the industry. In this recent Pakira Poll we saw that most people agree the biggest challenge to Mass Timber is awareness. Today we are witnessing Mass Timber awareness going main stream.

9 Likes