Looking for a Sawmill Head Saw Filer on the West Coast. Will lead the saw filing team in all aspects of saw filing including inspecting and repair of saws and machine centers, changes and sets up chip heads on quad and gang edger in a safe and productive manner. 5 years saw filing experience or training.
- 5 years saw filing experience or training. Supervision experience and or head saw filer experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required. One-year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and understand instructions and memos.
- Ability to write simple sentences.
- Basic Algebra and Geometry
- Demonstrated excellent communication and leadership skills are required.
- Five years related experience and/or training in saw filling.
- Must be a legal US resident. Unfortunately, there is no visa sponsorship offered for this role.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to recognize unsafe behaviors in employees and supervisors.
- Assists maintenance supervisor in leading the saw filing team.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ensures that all bench work meets company standards.
- Inspects machine centers in filing room and on production floor and repairs as needed.
- Leads the saw filing team in all aspects of saw filing.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Provides work direction to employees in the saw filing department and ensures that employees follow company policies and procedures, but does not have direct performance appraisal responsibility for them
- Sharpens chipper knifes and fitting ring saws and ensures that chipper knifes are ground accurately.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- This position requires wearing eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, leather or rubber gloves, chemical goggles, sleeve protection, dust mask, chaps and hard hat
- Trains employees as needed.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
Works in a safe productive manner in all capacities and assists in maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
If you are interested or know someone who is interested, give me a call 804-874-8874 or send me an email stacey.TopWoodJobs.onmicrosoft.com