In cab drivers' cameras

Do you have them? Are you a fan? Would love them but don’t want to tick off my drivers, especially since I can’t find new ones?

I watched a webinar this afternoon on vehicle telematics, and the presenters made some great points about cameras. They are not “spy cams” just grabbing footage. The cameras are there to protect the driver, the vehicles, and the company! Videos are triggered by an event - harsh driving, distracted driving, or an accident. As an owner or fleet manager, you can find the video based on the day and time of the event. The video helps to get to the root cause of the event or behavior, whether it is the driver’s fault or not, and it provides a coaching point or solid evidence in a claim!

4 Likes

Not to mention camera’s can catch when something funny happens. @Mike_Kotloski have you ever checked out footage for a good laugh?

2 Likes

@Andrew_Gibson when we were first testing them to use with our tracking solutions, my boss put one in his truck and one in his daughters car. There were some pretty funny moments, possible swearing, and #1 finger pointing!

4 Likes

I’d bet guys on the road might have some funny moments worth capturing, have you ever asked drivers to share any of these moments?

2 Likes

I suspect there are moments. However, the drivers typically don’t get to see any of the footage unless something has happened or they are doing something wrong. There can be a lot of data to sort through, so most management will only take the time to look for footage if an incident has occurred. I suspect there may be some stuff showing up on YouTube in the future as more cameras get implemented.

3 Likes

Yeah, that might help with the stigma if cameras are used for more than getting in trouble

3 Likes

That’s hilarious :laughing:

7 Likes