Pakira Poll

Many users requested a Secure Chat on Pakira.
Which view would you prefer for the Secure Chat?

We are building this for you — please vote!

• Bubble View (such as on iMessage or Facebook)
  • List View (such as on LinkedIn)

0 voters

8 Likes

What do you think?

@william_giguere @Michael_Haas @Matt_Layman @Mike_Kotloski @Jordan_Kirk @Jeff_Girard @Jeff_Lassle @Jim_Schumacher @Madison_s_Lumber_Rep @Nic_Wilson @Bill_Kazakoff @cmusselman @Craig_Parker @Bernard_Lee @tim_hanson @Heather_Karleen @gaurav_kakkar @Olivier_Allen @Randy_Brown @Daniel_Wakefield

10 Likes

Huge fan of the bubble view, but I am biased as I believe in iOS aesthetic superiority.

8 Likes

I voted!

10 Likes

We are interested in your bias as well as the bias of the entire wholesale wood community! Please pick whatever view you believe will be best for growing business, negotiation, and building relationships!

9 Likes

Bubble for me.

10 Likes

@Michael_Haas would you say you are… bubbly?

9 Likes

Thank you @Mike_Kotloski !!!

9 Likes

I just think that it looks more organized when each response is separated into it’s own bubble. Android, apple, facebook, and many other social media platforms use the bubbles for a reason

10 Likes

Great points @Jordan_Kirk! I wonder if we will get any vocal opinions from team #listview :thinking:

9 Likes

The one on the left is like phone text, which is OK if you are talking to one person. If you are talking to a bunch of people in a running thread, then I prefer the List View which has a time stamp and a name/photo with each post. I feel like any multi-person chat gets muddled in the Bubble View unless it has a name and time stamp with each post. Maybe that is possible with the Bubble too. So I am less concerned with the “look” than the functionality. So if they can both exhibit the same capabilities, I am indifferent. The bubble is more of a text feel, the list is more of an email feel. I like to know who (in print) said what and when they said it each time.

11 Likes

Heyyyyyyyyy you can always change it for a “small additional fee” :wink: . Great work

8 Likes

Great idea @Michael_Haas !
@Bill_D yes, we can have a person’s name and timestamp in either view. So the functionality will be there for one-to-one as well as group chats.
Trying to pin down your preferences for the view and look-n-feel. It seems to be a neck to neck split!

Let’s get more of your colleagues to vote to get a bigger sample! :slight_smile:
:pray:

9 Likes