Shoe’s Lumber Report – 7/8/22 | Shoe's Lumber Report

ARE THE BULLS BACK FOR SUMMER? As the arrival of July 5th and the ‘official’ first day of summer arrived for those of us in the Puget Sound region, we have much to be thankful for. Besides the long-overdue arrival of summer weather, we have even more great news regarding lumber futures.

GREAT NEWS FOR FUTURES TRADERS IN THE PNW! Commencing on August 8, 2022, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) will add several species to its current lumber futures trading. Those species are Western and Eastern S-P-F, Douglas Fir, Fir&Larch, and Hem-Fir. To say I am excited would be an understatement. Those of us in the Pacific Northwest will now be able to trade lumber futures with the species we use in our market and will no longer be required to create historical correlations from S-P-F. :blush: HIP-HIP-HOORAY!

If that introduction wasn’t a mouthful, I don’t know what is. So grab a deck chair, kick back, and check out all that transpired this past week in the place I like to call: 'The Wonderful World of Wood.” Enjoy…

IF THE SHOE FITS – WEAR IT! If your summer schedule hasn’t allowed the time to subscribe to SHOE’S LUMBER REPORT, now is the time to sign up. I offer three subscription options to choose from, with the most popular annual subscription, for only $99/year. A heck of a deal! For a minuscule investment, you are sure to be kept up to date on the fluctuating commodity lumber and panel market and save thousands of dollars every year, as many have been doing since 1995. Thanks for your support!

https://shoeslumberreport.com/shoes-lumber-report-7-8-22/

12 Likes

@Jim_Schumacher Will these new contracts have any new destinations?

9 Likes

Chicago. No SYP. It’s a bandaid from folks with no creativity. Simple solution from a simple mind. Cash settlement like equities. No delivery. Problem is no transparency of transactions. The whole process adds to volatility in cash.

10 Likes