Video: Climate change - Are dead trees really "worth more standing?"

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 a group of protesters at the University of Oregon disrupted a presentation by Tyler Freres of Freres Lumber Co., who spoke about the need to remove dead and dying trees following the state’s 2020 wildfires. This video ponders the question: when it comes to climate change, are dead trees “worth more standing?”

8 Likes

incredible!

8 Likes

I will have to say this Tyler Freres doesn’t know what he’s talking about. As an uncredentialed climate scientist, a skeptical scientist working with the top U.S. and world skeptical physicists involved in the opposition to the CO2 as the main driver theory of climate change, Freres premise makes no sense. Fires release CO2 emissions exponentially faster than natural decomposition. His premise is not based on factual science. However, once burned and dead, the trees should be utilized. The issue is improper forest management, arson, overpopulation as a cause of increasing forest and range fires, and the rest of the usual suspects.

9 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I’m no climate scientist, but I think Sustainable Forest Management is something everyone can get behind. Sustainable Forest Management prevents fires, stops decay, and promotes new growth.

5 Likes

I suggest anyone interested may want to visit the website that I originated with two prominent physicists, the late Dr. Roger W. Cohen, former chief physicist with Exxon Mobil and my physics mentor and Dr. Will Happer, Professor Emeritus Princeton and recently the Director of the Office of Emerging Technologies & Science under John Bolton. You can view it at www.co2coalition.org.

9 Likes