Pakira Poll | Do you believe lumber prices will hit $2000/MBF in March 2022?

As the market rallies, some forecasters are predicting new all-time highs upward of $2000/mbf!

What do you think?
Vote on LinkedIn!
pollreg

Checkout what @Matt_Layman has to say:

Barchart.com is also forecasting that $2000/mbf is possible…

9 Likes

Hey #teamPakira, what do you think?

@Michael_Haas @Neill_Gibson @David_Hoglund @Jeff_Lassle @Jim_Schumacher @Darren_Thomas @Heather_Karleen @Ashley_Boeckholt @justin_smith @Mike_Kotloski @cmusselman @Daniel_Wakefield @Bernard_Lee @Jeff_Girard @Jordan_Kirk @Bill_Kazakoff @Matt_Layman @Daniel_Drake @Nic_Wilson

9 Likes

I think we will. Lumber futures have been up limit for a few days and as the ground in the United States soon thaws we are going to see a run on materials as building season kicks off.

10 Likes

The impact on housing is huge! With what we’ve seen in the past 2 years, anything is possible, but it seems so unrealistic. Let’s call it the perfect storm!

10 Likes

@cmusselman Right?! How could we forget about the thaw and spring housing purchases! Add that to the list of demand drivers!

@Neill_Gibson Ever-increasing demand for housing combined with the big spring buy, massive transportation shortage (further stressed by the growing Trucker Strike in USA?), Covid hitting some of the mills and lowering production, and more… I don’t mean to be fear mongering… but the case for another perfect storm in not unfounded!

@HENDKIE_JEAN @Patrick_Taylor @Mike_Kotloski Are you hearing anything about this trucking strike?

9 Likes

@Andrew_Gibson I’ve seen what’s been going on in Ottawa, and understand that there may be a similar protest or strike here in the US. Most of my info comes from the news as we tend not to work with many long-haul truckers, and rarely independent ones.

10 Likes

Look for border crossing truck delays on n Montana

10 Likes

If it reaches $2500 p/mbf, then we’ll be able to offer dimensional plantation hmahogany, teak, acacia, etc lumber at wholesale prices that can compete with domestic timbers…now that is insane. just waiting for the opportunity …lol.

10 Likes

HA! Love this. This is YOUR opportunity to start framing homes in mahogany and teak!

10 Likes

@Daniel_Drake whaaaat!!! You are saying the US lumber market will become the most uncompetitive region internationally, a place usually coveted by the EU. Funny how regulatory pressures can affect markets and create this insane volatility. Covid vaccines … Who would’ve thought?

10 Likes

Hey #teamPakira, do you think the market will hit $2000/mbf in march??? Make your voice heard by clicking the image above to vote in Pakira’s LinkedIn Poll.

Let’s reach 100 votes together!
How about this… If we do, then I’ll go for a polar plunge into the frigid New England waters!

10 Likes

Amen

8 Likes

I’m in !

7 Likes

At this pace ML might be right.

7 Likes