Welcome to Pakira Pub!

Hello @Rodrigo_Albornoz! Welcome to Pakira!

It will be great to have you involved in our Mass Timber discussions.

Let me know where in Europe you will be. I’ll be in France and Spain the first 8 days of June.

11 Likes

Log & Timber Connections has been a distributor of Structural Wood Screws and Connectors to the Mass Timber market for the last 12 years.

Structural Wood Screw

12 Likes

Welcome !!!

10 Likes

Welcome @Will_Leverett!

Given your knowledge of the Mass Timber connectors, you’d make a great addition to the Mass Timber discussion.

10 Likes

Welcome @Will_Leverett !

11 Likes

Welcome to the Pakira community @Will_Leverett !

9 Likes

@Remco_Steggerda Welcome to the Pakira Pub! Please let us know your background and role in the wood products supply chain! Great to see you here!

9 Likes

Hi Gray , This is a follow up note; Tomorrow I have a 3 hr zoom with the carbon crew on the updates of the verification process and market trends. I am glad you reached out to me and can see the vision of Lumbercentral.com . Please let me know what time slot you are in and phone contact etc; Best MJL

8 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Juan Bugarin, I am an architect from Mexico who recently moved to San Diego CA. I am currently finishing an online master’s degree in Mass Timber Design at IAAC in Barcelona. If you want to know more information about the master check out Master in Mass Timber Design, by the way for this second edition that will begin in the summer they will award two scholarships to students in the United States.

11 Likes

Welcome @Juan_Bugarin! That Mass Timber Design masters program at IAAC looks very interesting and I am sure many of the architects on Pakira would be interested to learn more about it.

What a creative image!

Check this out guys!

@Juan_Bugarin @Bella_Carmelita_Carr @Gary_Chapman @Jerome_Lavoie @Matthew_da_Silva @Jeremie_Bourque @Alexandre_Carrier @Oleksiy_Alex_Chygryn @Tom_Inman @Shay_Kurzinski @Juan_Bugarin @Eri_Michelle_Uhthoff @Jason_Thorne @David_Rau @Pete_Kobelt @Jing_Kong @Phyllis_Chong @Damien_Mocke @Lauren_Kembi @Anze_Rosec @Franco_Piva @Dusan_Milutinovic @Steve_Marshall @Jerry_Truex @sean_stevens

11 Likes

Welcome to Pakira, @Juan_Bugarin! It is great to see you here at Pakira!

11 Likes

Hi all. So happy to be here. My name is Clayton Miller. I am Sales and Purchasing Manager for Aurora Timberland. We are a hardwood lumber wholesaler. We offer lift lot distribution through out Canada and have strong market share in Vietnam.

I am fifth generation in the lumber business and I am uber passionate about not only where the industry has been but where it is going. I am so very much looking forward to connecting with others in the industry here.

13 Likes

Welcome @Clayton_Miller! We are excited to have you join us. Your insights will be a great addition to the discussion.

For those of you that don’t know, @Clayton_Miller is also the incredible host of the “Select & Better” podcast. Check it out! Select and Better Podcast - Listen on Spotify - Linktree

9 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Andrew_Gibson . Would love everyone to check out the podcast! This episode features none other than @Andrew_Gibson .

We have a really great conversation on a variety of topics. The overall theme though is harnessing platforms such a Pakira to eliminate the whirl wind and drive productivity on all sides of the supply chain.

Look forward to the interaction here on the site. Really great stuff here!
Best
Clayton

12 Likes

Hello @Clayton_Miller welcome to Pakira!! We are delighted to have you onboard!
Looking at your podcast now – the episodes seem really interesting. However, to be frank, as I always am, the best one by far, is the one you did w/ @Andrew_Gibson – just saying :joy: :joy: :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Michael, just circling back to you. Apologize! I am in the central time zone. email gskipper@scotchplywood.com Office 334 636 4424

Gray

8 Likes

Hi Gray , All Good… I will work on making time to get in touch with you next week . Will send you an email today from Lumbercentral.com . My plan is to review some of the recent presentation folks backgrounds and approach to the carbon world zoom call I was on. Have a good weekend ,

10 Likes

Amazing @Michael_Lingley and @Gray_Skipper that you are connecting!
You can also use the secure chat right here on Pakira if you press the icon at the top of the page! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Welcome to Pakira, @Clayton_Miller!

10 Likes

Hello. I have been primarily a Left Coast low grade trader for over 35 years. I founded Trademark Lumber Co, Inc. in 2007. We also sell cut stock and I am stockholder in a new entity [Cascade Accucut LLC] in Salem Oregon that operates a custom cut facility. Our first piece of equipment is a Pacific Trails Accucut unit saw. We should be online next month and I will post photos as it progresses. Contact me for pricing and more information.

14 Likes