Welcome to Pakira Pub!

Welcome Pete_Kobelt.
What do you need out of the Mills?
I might be able to help you solve the disconnect problem?
Congratulations on the success you’re having so far!

8 Likes

Hello everyone.

My name is Rob Dahlberg. I am the flooring sales manager and lumber sales for Buchanan Hardwoods in Aliceville AL. We are a hardwood sawmill and flooring plant. We produce around 11 million board feet yearly of KD Hardwood Lumber and our flooring plant specializes in 3/4" solid unfinished hardwood flooring. We make around 11 to 12 million sq ft of hardwood flooring per year. I have been with the company going on 7 years and have enjoyed getting to know the industry and people involved in it. I look forward to meeting and conversing with the people of this forum!

Thanks

14 Likes

Welcome @robert_dahlberg! You bring a wealth of experience to the community and I am looking forward to your engagement :+1:

8 Likes

Rob- What’s up bud! Welcome to Pakira

I would recommend Robs’ products. Good company good people!

11 Likes

Welcome Rob to the Pakira community - I look forward to hearing more about Buchanan Hardwoods and your personal opinion on the multiple subjects that are discussed. Cheers from Quebec City, Neill

11 Likes

Welcome to the Pakira community @robert_dahlberg! Great to have another fantastic industry expert here.

10 Likes

Hello All,

My name is Tony Vanatta and I work for 84 Lumber Co. in TN. My position is outside sales. I started with 84 in 1995 and honestly didn’t know a thing about the lumber business.
Over the years, I have been through the ups and downs but never have I or could I have expected the surge in our business that has taken place since covid started. That is not to say that it has been easy. With the delivery and supply chains being very difficult during this time, we must continue to look for options for the customers and not be locked into doing business as if we were back in the day.
Although I am 60 years of age I still have the desire to be all I can be and with this attitude and support of the company the sky is the limit.

14 Likes

Welcome @Anthony_Vanatta!! Your wealth of experience, positive attitude, and open mindedness will be a great addition to our community.

Given the recent volatility, are you seeing less contract and more open market business out there?

9 Likes

What great positivity, futuristic perspective, and genuine passion for the industry. Welcome to Pakira, @Anthony_Vanatta!

10 Likes

Matt. You are at the bottom of the information chain. We are all here to help. Just ask.

10 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Alex Ugolini, I work for PAUL Saws and KOCH Machinery. I am highly interested in finding ways to make the wood industry more inefficient both for the environment and the bottom line. Would love to hear what types of problems or projects people have that they need solving? :thinking: If I can’t offer a solution, I can find someone who can. :smiley:

The equipment I represent focuses on optimized cross-cutting, panel and solid wood ripping, with fixed or moving blades, and all of the handling equipment required to tie everything together. Our high speed crosscut saws are known worldwide for delivering the best combination of high-speed, accuracy, reliability and yield improvement. I also deal with cabinetry, furniture, and components machinery all residing in the wood industry. It is so fascinating to see the many steps lumber takes on its journey to becoming a finished product, and the ever-widening array of uses for lumber.

13 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I am happy to have found this forum and look forward to connecting with many of you. My name is Sueann and I am located in beautiful Springfield, Oregon. I am a recruiter for Roseburg Forest Products and absolutely love it! Many people don’t know a lot of Roseburg so it is always fun to share about who we are and what we do. Roseburg Forest Products owns over 60,000 acres of timberlands, we plant and harvest our own trees, and we always plant more than we harvest! Our growth is tremendous. We are not only located on the west coast, but we are opening our new mill in North Carolina next spring. We have many locations! If you are in the industry and would like to know more feel free to reach out!

Enjoy your day! Nice to meet you all, looking forward to the connections.

12 Likes

@Alexander_Ugolini Welcome! We are excited to have you and your problem solving attitude onboard.

7 Likes

Welcome @Sueann_Bankus!! I’ve only heard great things about Roseburg and you are no exception! Your energy and positivity are absolutely contagious and we are incredibly lucky have you onboard.

Be sure to checkout Pakira’s “channels” on the home page. As a recruiter, you may be interested in posting on our “Job Board”. Check it out!

8 Likes

Thanks Andrew!! I am happy to be here! I will check out the Job Board. I appreciate your kind words. I love connecting with people and am very glad you reached out!

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @robert_dahlberg

8 Likes

Hey All,

First of all thanks for the invite to the community. My name is Arham Farid and I am a partner in a hardwood lumber operation based in Cartagena, Colombia and Miami, Florida. Our operations is fairly new, my partners previous experience in Freight/Logistics and myself in Private Equity. We currently wholesale logs and manufacture KD, cut to spec, surfaced boards. Our primary focus currently is White Oak, Teak and Spanish Cedar. Looking forward to connecting with and learning from all of you.

Best Regards,
Arham Farid
Co-Founder/Director of Operations, Merchant & Co.

12 Likes

Welcome @Arham_Farid

We are excited to have you as part of the community. You’re team brings a valuable set of experiences to the conversation. How did you get into the hardwood industry?

7 Likes

Both my partner and I have always had some sort of exposure to the import/export business in other industries and through some previous business connections of his were offered the opportunity to buy into an existing manufacturing operation and expand its US reach with potential in the future to invest heavily into LatAm subcontinent with other raw materials/building materials. Was definitely something new for both of us but the challenges (and rewards) of being a foreign operator in South America and ability to build relationships all over the world were too exciting to pass up.

11 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Arham_Farid
I am looking forward to your participation and input to our conversations in the Pakira Forum!

11 Likes