Welcome to Pakira Pub!

It’s the coolest project I’ve seen in a while .

10 Likes

Colton,
As @Jeff_Lassle said Baltic birch and Russian birch is the same.
I would like to add that The most common name Baltic birch is used to refer to plywood from Russia and not to a specific type of birch.

11 Likes

Blockquote
Hi I’m Mike and I am a lumber addict! (I’m not sure if you can say that but I did) I can’t keep up with what’s okay to say and what’s gonna get you cancelled so I apologize now before all the fun begins
Blockquote

i just want to say @Michael_Haas, going back to your informative “lumber addict” intro, you have not been canceled yet! and it’s been almost 2 months! so you must be on the true path here :rofl:

10 Likes

I’m a member of that club too !!!

7 Likes

I see a slight change in your profile photo @Michael_Haas – what kind of tree is it? Seems quite red …

7 Likes

I know it’s got a Big Knot . Wait till you see the next one . It’s Not going to be a Knot

6 Likes

The “Private Channels” looks Awesome .

6 Likes

Thank you for noticing @Michael_Haas – we announced the release on our social media last week, and la voila! People can now request and set up private channels on Pakira Forum by clicking the +Channel button at the top! :blush: :rocket:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Hello, I’m Burford Bolander
I am excited to get to know people in the same line of work! I’ve owned and ran sawmills, pallet shops, even just buying lumber from a local mill to sale for profit. My favorite job was pulling cable behind a D-3 Caterpillar. That is a surprise to most people. What is your favorite job to do in our industry?

7 Likes

Welcome on board @Burford_Bolander! Of all the various jobs you’ve had in the industry, which one are you doing now?

And to answer your question, since I’m not originally from the industry (see my intro above), my favorite thing to do within the LBM industry is to talk to people like you, and understand what you find challenging on moving product (buying and selling), and propose tools for you to make your job better and hopefully the business more efficient. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Great question! My favorite job was when I was training to be a trader and I was thrown on booking trucks for the hardest lanes in the country that everyone else considered a lost cause. I liked it because there was no judgment or pressure around failure and each truck I booked made me feel like a hero! :man_superhero:

7 Likes

Hello. My name is Stacey Roberts. I am a wood products industry recruiter working for Top Wood Jobs. I work for George Meek. Many of you may know him. I will be posting relevant jobs we have on our job board from time to time. Reach out to me on LinkedIn, call me at 804-874-8874, or send me an email stacey.topwoodjobs@gmail.com

We have jobs in the sawmill lumber industry available that won’t appear here. Check out TopWoodJobs.com

11 Likes

Welcome @Stacey_Roberts ! Thank you for bringing a very important ingredient for the industry, jobs, to Pakira – the all-in-one place :smiley:
That’s why we rolled out the Job Board channel. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Ryan Wozniak from East Chicago Transload in East Chicago, IN. We are a transload company sharing a facility with East Chicago Rail, a common carrier railroad located 20 minutes from Chicago, IL.

As everyone continues the fight to source inventory, feel free to reach out anytime to see if we can assist with any logistical issues your team comes across.

We have direct access to the IHB, BNSF, UP, CSX, NS, CP, CN, IAIS, and CF&E rail lines. Our staff offers years of experience in rail logistics, lumber handling, and inventory management.

Feel free to call me anytime at (219) 280-0774 or by email at ryan@eastchicagorail.com.

Hope to hear from you soon! Good luck, everyone!

12 Likes

Hi my name is Mike Roberts and I’m with Biewer Trading. I’ve been in the lumber industry since 1999 and still enjoying coming to work everyday. I sell SYP and look forward to meeting all those in the lumber industry.

Talk soon,
Mike

11 Likes

Great to have you on board, Mike! I’ve really enjoyed my short time on this site.

10 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Mike_Roberts & @EastChicagoTransload!

8 Likes

Thanks Ryan

11 Likes

It’s Friday afternoon! After work, come introduce yourself in the Pakira Pub :beers:

10 Likes