Welcome to Pakira Pub!

Hello,

I’m Julius sales director from Tauru Kedras, Lithuania. Working with timber not that long as other here only 6 years. We are producers of pallet and construction lumber. Kiln dried and heat treated. We mainly work with SPF but also can do alder/aspen production. Our monthly capacity is up to 10000m3 which is ~4,5mln FBM.
Feel free to reach me anytime phone/whatsapp +37067431151 or via email sales@taurukedras.lt

6 Likes

Hi Pakira Community,

My name is Sorina and I am a Human Resources Professional from Vancouver, BC. I have started having an interest in mass timber due to its growing popularity as a sustainable and cost-effective building material. As the increased demand for mass timber products is creating job opportunities in the industry, making it a potentially attractive area for HR professionals to recruit from, I have decided to create a mass timber platform, where I post jobs from mass timber space- design, manufacturing, construction/installation and others.
Looking forward to connecting and sharing information about the industry!

Best,
Sorina Ursu
Mass Timber Jobs Linkedin

7 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Sorina_Ursu ! Feel free to post any jobs in the #job-board and any observations / opinions/ questions and discussion points in general on any of the other channels. We are here grow the industry alongside Pakira!

8 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Julius_Senkus ! You work with very seminal products. Do you sell mostly in Europe or export to other continents as well?
And was your business affected by this terrible war in Ukraine?

5 Likes

Hello Derick, welcome to Pakira!!!
You are doing amazing work and all of us here on Pakira and the rest of the LBM community are luck to have you!
Feel free to start discussions and raise questions on any of the channels – we have #mass-timber-engineered as an example. Also feel free to tag specific people since it’s easier for them to pay attention to your post in a timely manner that way.
Welcome aboard!

9 Likes

Hi Nadia,

thank you for warm welcome.
As normaly around 70% of our production is pallet boards we work with Europe and Asia, depending on market situation it’s between 70-30% either one or another market. In Europe for us it’s a bit hard as we are used to make premium grade, so only highest standard pallet producers buy from us.
US market is one we would like to start working in but at least at the moment few associates tells that pricing are pretty low. And also USD dropping to EUR is not helping my plans :slight_smile:
Maybe some of you guys might give me some guidance here if I’m far far away with pricing. US standard pallet boards sizes delivered to east coast ports I could sell for ~380USD.
Also we can supply #2 & Btr

As for Russia war in Ukraine, certainly it didn’t help and I think everyone in the world maybe except US market was touched to some degree.
We used to import 10-30% of sawn production from Belarus, but after war started we stopped that and of course sanctions came to Russia and Belarus timber.
After war markets jumped in Europe because of uncertainty, but everything is on downward trend since maybe July/August. Now we are in a bit of strange situation with sawmills wanting to rise prices, yet buyers want to go lower so a good question who will prevail

6 Likes

Please consider the Pakira Community and Platform to be an asset to you and the Timber Works Innovation Network in achieving your goals. Please let us know how we can help you succeed!

7 Likes

Welcome @Sorina_Ursu & @Julius_Senkus!

5 Likes

Thank you,finding my safe space here on Pakira.

10 Likes

Thank you Andrew,lets build.

8 Likes

Welcome to Pakira, Derick!

10 Likes

Hi Bernard, it’s good to hear that you’re buying products from Indonesia. I’ll be happy to work in case you need something to add to your supply list. We’re currently working with Teak on all segments.

11 Likes

Hello, I’m Malte Herrmann, German, Director of Sales & Marketing with APP Timber Malaysia.
I spent my entire career in the veneer and timber world.
Our core business is the supply of imported timber, veneers, surface materials, and panel products for the Asian woodworking industry. We source worldwide and carry various temperate hardwood and softwood products. Under European ownership and with our HQ in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, we run marketing operations and warehousing across Southeast Asia. Our sales teams come with in-depth knowledge about timber and related products and provide expertise in selecting raw materials for our buyers. To our suppliers, we offer profound market knowledge and inform them about trends and the newest product and market developments.
Our company is FSC and PEFC certified and a PEFC stakeholder.
Suppliers and buyers consider APP Timber partners, and we aim to be known as “Asia’s most innovative company providing imported timber solutions.”
You can learn more about our company, services, and products at www.apptimber.com.

12 Likes

Hi Malte , Very nice to see you here.

7 Likes

welcome @Malte_Herrmann! What an interesting business you have established. Would you say you are sitting in a somewhat unique place? Do you feel you have few competitors in what you’re doing?

9 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Malte_Herrmann your business by description stands out in comparison to the growing needs of more sustainable-regenerative business models,I wonder if you team has any interest in other capital markets,happy to connect and discuss some potential opportunities to our operations with timber export for our ongoing developments with Mass Timber construction.

9 Likes

Hello @Nadia, indeed, we have an interesting business in an interesting part of the world. There is hardly any business or location without competition, but we have an established name, are well-positioned in the mentioned countries, and are known for outstanding service when bringing certified timber into our region.
On the other hand, with deep knowledge of what is possible and where we can add value, we are helping our clients in the US and Europe with customized products or semi-finished components to overcome market shortages and save them lots of travel days and costs!

6 Likes

Hi @Derick_Bedzra! We see a growing demand for mass timber also in parts of Southeast Asia, but so far, we, as APP Timber, did not touch this segment lacking the necessary expertise. But never say never; we’re always interested in new challenges, opportunities, and partnerships.

9 Likes

Nice to meet you, Malte. Do reach us out if you’re looking for a trustable supplier for Teak

10 Likes

Hello All,

Hope you all are doing good!!!

First of all thank you so much to my Pakira’s team for giving me opportunity to join on this platform.!!!

My name is Addy and I am currently working as freight broker in American Logistics Group.
We do provide trucking services all over USA and USA- Canada.
I have more than 5 Lumper and plywood customer , with whom I am working more than 2.5 years.
Flatbeds,
Conestoga
Dry van
if you need any kind help regarding any shipments or just need rates . You can check with me over email addy@alg.us.com

7 Likes