Welcome to Pakira Pub!

Hi Pakira community,

My name is Anthony Traina, and I’m the owner of Tropical American Timber, an importer and distribution company of live edge slabs and tropical hardwoods from Latin America, based in Florida. I’m humbled by all the experience by the members of this community, and I’m looking forward to learning with you all, and making deals happen.

Thanks again to the Pakira Team for this great space.

Anthony Traina
Tropical American Timber LLC

352-218-2032

PS - I’m including some photos of our wood products

10 Likes

Ho Robert , Nice to see you on here. When you have a chance please check out LumberCentral.com,
If you tab right on the Navigation bar you will find WoodFlooringCentral.com.
Hello again , for some reason this become a draft , please review and follow up with any interest.

All the Best , MJL

7 Likes

Hi all,
My name is Johanna Autio and I’m from Finland. I’ve been working with forest industry, mainly mechanical wood industry, for 23 years now. I have a broad knowledge of the subject from stump to end-use and I work in a variety of different consultative roles.

I also work as a project manager in Wood from Finland (www.woodfromfinland.fi). I’m more or less like a mother to WFF taking care of everything and some more…

I’m also one of the organizers of International Timber Academy ITA. www.itafinland.fi
If you’d be interested in participating ITA2023 or you know someone who could benefit of the course, please contact me a.s.a.p. There are some cancellations and we’re able to take 1-2 more for this spring.

All the best, Johanna

11 Likes

Such a deep resume in the industry Johanna – very impressive! Welcome to Pakira! Please post and comment on anything you like! The platform is only as good as its users :grinning:

6 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Anthony_Traina!! Your live edge slabs are beautiful!

6 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Johanna_Autio. Our community is lucky to have you, few people have such a breadth of knowledge as wide as you! Looking forward to your engagement :+1:

7 Likes

Hello there Pakira Community, My name
is Derick Bedzra and I’m honored to be part of this projectional network of advocates that are working to engineer nature to its truest form of perfection.

I’m the CEO of Monart City an urban technology startup company that’s phasing in the R + D field for Urban Architecture and Planning. Also the founder of the Urban NEXT initiative,my purpose for being a consious contributor is to help develop a framework for building design and construction,with quality features that are able to withstand the impacts of climate change and unconscious human processes/systems in other to promote healthy building habitation.

For the past three years our works aims to attract a community of participators in the Architecture,Engineering and Construction industry,to this goal we ignited a network for advocacy called “TWIN ,Timber Works Innovation Network” last year in 2022

This group of multileveler. and multi stakeholder actors 1) set a common frame- work (and narrative) around the goals of the platform , 2) define very specific action to “untangle the issues” the initiative is raising and 3) use this space to create useful connections and rooted relationships,which we @MonartCity refer to as an intermediate financed new sector economy.

I’m looking forward discussing with each and everyone one of you on advising if the work we passionate about truly aligns with the overall vision of the new economy and clarifying the next steps to take to extending valuable resources and network structures to advancing and implementing bio-based and circular building technologies in Sub Saharan Africa,to scale up the work towards combating global climate change through social-impact initiatives like “Urban NEXT”.

Attached here is a web link that gives more information about the work we are up to,looking forward to hearing from you all.

Web link :

Thank you for your attention.

DB

10 Likes

Hello,

I’m Julius sales director from Tauru Kedras, Lithuania. Working with timber not that long as other here only 6 years. We are producers of pallet and construction lumber. Kiln dried and heat treated. We mainly work with SPF but also can do alder/aspen production. Our monthly capacity is up to 10000m3 which is ~4,5mln FBM.
Feel free to reach me anytime phone/whatsapp +37067431151 or via email sales@taurukedras.lt

6 Likes

Hi Pakira Community,

My name is Sorina and I am a Human Resources Professional from Vancouver, BC. I have started having an interest in mass timber due to its growing popularity as a sustainable and cost-effective building material. As the increased demand for mass timber products is creating job opportunities in the industry, making it a potentially attractive area for HR professionals to recruit from, I have decided to create a mass timber platform, where I post jobs from mass timber space- design, manufacturing, construction/installation and others.
Looking forward to connecting and sharing information about the industry!

Best,
Sorina Ursu
Mass Timber Jobs Linkedin

7 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Sorina_Ursu ! Feel free to post any jobs in the #job-board and any observations / opinions/ questions and discussion points in general on any of the other channels. We are here grow the industry alongside Pakira!

8 Likes

Welcome to Pakira @Julius_Senkus ! You work with very seminal products. Do you sell mostly in Europe or export to other continents as well?
And was your business affected by this terrible war in Ukraine?

5 Likes

Hello Derick, welcome to Pakira!!!
You are doing amazing work and all of us here on Pakira and the rest of the LBM community are luck to have you!
Feel free to start discussions and raise questions on any of the channels – we have #mass-timber-engineered as an example. Also feel free to tag specific people since it’s easier for them to pay attention to your post in a timely manner that way.
Welcome aboard!

9 Likes

Hi Nadia,

thank you for warm welcome.
As normaly around 70% of our production is pallet boards we work with Europe and Asia, depending on market situation it’s between 70-30% either one or another market. In Europe for us it’s a bit hard as we are used to make premium grade, so only highest standard pallet producers buy from us.
US market is one we would like to start working in but at least at the moment few associates tells that pricing are pretty low. And also USD dropping to EUR is not helping my plans :slight_smile:
Maybe some of you guys might give me some guidance here if I’m far far away with pricing. US standard pallet boards sizes delivered to east coast ports I could sell for ~380USD.
Also we can supply #2 & Btr

As for Russia war in Ukraine, certainly it didn’t help and I think everyone in the world maybe except US market was touched to some degree.
We used to import 10-30% of sawn production from Belarus, but after war started we stopped that and of course sanctions came to Russia and Belarus timber.
After war markets jumped in Europe because of uncertainty, but everything is on downward trend since maybe July/August. Now we are in a bit of strange situation with sawmills wanting to rise prices, yet buyers want to go lower so a good question who will prevail

6 Likes

Please consider the Pakira Community and Platform to be an asset to you and the Timber Works Innovation Network in achieving your goals. Please let us know how we can help you succeed!

7 Likes

Welcome @Sorina_Ursu & @Julius_Senkus!

5 Likes

Thank you,finding my safe space here on Pakira.

10 Likes

Thank you Andrew,lets build.

8 Likes

Welcome to Pakira, Derick!

10 Likes

Hi Bernard, it’s good to hear that you’re buying products from Indonesia. I’ll be happy to work in case you need something to add to your supply list. We’re currently working with Teak on all segments.

11 Likes

Hello, I’m Malte Herrmann, German, Director of Sales & Marketing with APP Timber Malaysia.
I spent my entire career in the veneer and timber world.
Our core business is the supply of imported timber, veneers, surface materials, and panel products for the Asian woodworking industry. We source worldwide and carry various temperate hardwood and softwood products. Under European ownership and with our HQ in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, we run marketing operations and warehousing across Southeast Asia. Our sales teams come with in-depth knowledge about timber and related products and provide expertise in selecting raw materials for our buyers. To our suppliers, we offer profound market knowledge and inform them about trends and the newest product and market developments.
Our company is FSC and PEFC certified and a PEFC stakeholder.
Suppliers and buyers consider APP Timber partners, and we aim to be known as “Asia’s most innovative company providing imported timber solutions.”
You can learn more about our company, services, and products at www.apptimber.com.

12 Likes